In any event, Thanksgiving came along. Jeremy, Goldie, and I all rode together to Chicago to be with his side of the family this year. We made a couple of pitt stops to see some friends along the way, which is always nice. I'm not big on taking photos, so I STILL wasn't convinced I'd be making any updates to my blog when I returned, but then it happened....
As we were driving along a lovely Tennesee Interstate, we managed to encounter the typical college student migration. (Tons of students on the road returning to school managed to muck up the roads.) As usual, we were in the left lane along with hundreds of others trying to pass those who couldn't muster the courage to drive the speed limit. Cars were slowing and speeding up sporradically, so Jeremy had to be on alert full time to keep us safe. Unfortunately, as a bunch of cars in front of us slowed down quickly, the car behind us failed to do so, and... **CRASH**
Jeremy and I saw it coming in the rear view mirror, so we were well prepared for the rear impact. Once we pulled off to the side of the road, Jeremy got out and Goldie decided to take his place in the front seat since it seemed a lot safer to her! (can't blame the poor thing!)
The girl behind us was a junior in college and on her way back from break. As a sign of her youth and apparent lack of "crash coaching" we talked and she asked if the cars in front of us slowed down. (Yes, we're not the type to slow down quickly just for giggles!) She proceeded to admit that she had just reached down for her iPod and then came up and slammed on the breaks, but obviously a tad too late.
Soooo without the vehicle excitement, I'm not sure what else I'd be sharing with you! Everyone is fine, Goldie too. We ended up at a hotel in Tennessee until we could get a rental car in the morning. Amazingly, Goldie still loves to get in the car and she ate at the hotel that night, so she must not have been very traumatized.
Aside from that craziness, we had an enjoyable although rainy trip. Goldie didn't get out much because it was such a pain dragging her in and drying her off! (Not to mention the stinky wet dog smell.) She's always a good sport about it though.While I'd consider these two photos to be the "highlights" (?!) of our trip, feel free to check out the others:
I hope you all had a wonderful AND SAFE Thanksgiving with your friends and family!


Oh my gosh! What a trip. The car looks like a scary accident, I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!
ReplyDeleteShannon, you and I are more similar than I ever realized! Your reasons for not doing the MySpace thing are the same as mine. When people find out that I don't have a MySpace page, they look at me as if I have 2 heads...
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that you managed to survive the accident unscathed! And poor Goldie- it's a wonder she doesn't hate the idea of being back in a car again! Loved your Christmas card- it's so pretty! AND you spelled BOTH boys' names right (Connor and Jarod, in case you were just taking a shot in the dark and don't even remember which way you wrote them! LOL). I'll be sure to keep checking for updates on your blog. I'm sure there'll be plenty to write about after Christmas. Know that we love you and will be thinking of you! Love, Cristy and the Hill Gang