Friday, September 25, 2009

Resistance is Futile

If you're reading this, you're probably aware of my general disdain for all things social networking; specifically Facebook and Myspace. I'm not sure what exactly turned me off, but I've narrowed it down to a few primary candidates:

  • The instant popularity of the sites; users seem to be joining an adult version of a high school clique.
  • The time involved; I've never had an addiction and I prefer to keep it that way.
  • Friend requests; I'll stick to making friends on a face-to-face basis. If you're currently a friend, a request should not be necessary, I'd prefer you visit, call, email, IM, or even write.
After years of resisting the social network trend, the stars have aligned and I consider this blog to be somewhat of a compromise.

I've finished my masters degree, so time is no longer a valid cause for concern. To fill the void, I've started painting again, but I've got a short attention span in that area. Golf outings are also on the rise, but who can afford to do that every day?

With that in mind, Jeremy practically required me to find another hobby. He's afraid (rightly so) that I'll drive him nuts while he finishes his classes. Only 10 more months left!? 


Since we adopted Goldie several months ago (Thanks Mom and Dad!), I thought this would be a nice way to keep her former owner up to speed on her antics  (and as if on queue, she decides to come by and drop off a slobbery, fuzz-stripped tennis ball). Goldie has been the source of much entertainment and is definitely the right dog for us. Hopefully she enjoys us as much as we enjoy her! 

Maybe this blog can help to fill voids in my free time, serve as a creative outlet, and be functional too. I have no idea how frequently I'll be updating this thing. (I just don't have that many interesting/changing things in my life.) Now if I could get some of you to visit... THAT would be much more interesting and blog worthy. *hint hint*

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for your blog! So excited we can catch up on one another's lives easily now! Goldie is super cute, and I just saw your mom yesterday. She said you and Jeremy are doing great and enjoying Carolina - so glad! We miss having you closeby!

    ReplyDelete